Friday 8 May 2020

Reflection and Steps Forward

Reflection and Steps Forward

Today is my final day of professional development with the Manaiakalani facilitators.
It's a day full of expectations and goals to succeed.  I know that this level one exam will be intense (three hours) and it was!  I believe I did the preparation and revision but unfortunately I did not complete this exam.  Time management was my foe!

My personal thoughts on the exam content
I was told that time management is essential I still spent too much time on the eleven scenarios.  There was a lot of scenarios under 'Google Classroom' this was not covered in the Manaiakalani programme.  At school and in my role I do not use Google Classroom.  I did find it difficult flicking from tab to tab reading the instructions, for me personally this wasted time.

I did learn so many skills, knowledge and terminology.  When I commenced this professional development I didn't even know what a 'widget' or gadget was.

I was in a unique position to do this professional development in an on-line meet with teachers from many regions in New Zealand.  The ability to listen and learn with quality presenters was amazing!

Ubiquitous

Presenter: Dorothy Burt
The goal for Manaiakalani programme is rewindable learning.
Effective teachers cause learning and this was evident with students who participated in the 'Summer Learning Journal' and blogged throughout their summer break.  It is important to know that these young bloggers receive feedback through comments from the facilitators.  Data is collected and analysed. 



The evidence for the power of Ubiquitous learning is most clearly displayed in the Summer Learning Journey reports.
Young people learning over the Summer holidays with no teacher present.
Their Term 1 progress / achievement is carefully matched with a non-blogger - and the infographic displays the clear difference between the groups.

Overall I am proud of my participation and learning throughout this professional development.  I have made huge steps with my digital learning and I will keep on practising and refining my knowledge and skills.



No comments:

Post a Comment