Thursday 5 March 2020

In the Deep End - 'The Business'

My digitial learning...

Learning about the origins of the 'Manaiakalani' - the name originated from Hawaii.

I loved learning about the Google groups with sharing and emailing.  I didn't even know that I belonged to so many groups within my school.  I will be definitely using this skill both professionally and on a personal level.

Google docs - I thought I had a handle of the docs.  But after day one I have learnt so much with shortcuts, headings, referencing and using comments.  If only I had used known about referencing earlier - what a time saver.  In the future I will be using the adding highlighting specific texts and adding comments with readings or sharing information to colleagues.

The explosure and use of different shortcuts in Google docs, Google calendar was excellent.  My challenge is practice and become proficient with using them!

I have always wanted my face on my Chrome Profile and now I have it!  I know how to add my photo - very excited about this new skill.

Organising my Google Drive - I have some homelearning to do with organising my folders.  I have learnt to create a new folder each year e.g 2020 and create new folders inside that year 2020 year folder.  I have also learnt that I need to open the folder first then click on new doc so it is immediately inside the right folder.

Creating a poster using a table grid - was a lightbulb moment.  This totally made sense.  I definitely need practice with ensuring that the text is in written in one grid space and images in the another.

Blogging is another new skill I have been learning to today and embeding the poster I made about my role into my blog.
Phew!  I have already learnt so much.  Its time to practise and use these new skills!

4 comments:

  1. Kia ora Vicki
    it was good to catch up with you on Friday and go over your blogging from DFI.
    Your poster is very eye-catching. I think if you use portrait orientation it would show it in its entirety rather than scrolling to see it all.
    Sounds like it was a busy day! You have lots of new learning opportunities coming up over the next 8 weeks and I look forward to following your blog as you go..
    I also look forward to working with you all on Day #2 as I am coming along as a co-coach.
    Mā te wā
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cheryl for your constructive feedback, I will definitely practise!

      Delete
  2. Kia ora Vicki, I'm loving having a read of your blogs & the enthusiasm you have for this learning. Ka mau te wehi - excellent :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Perky I am enjoying the professional development!

      Delete